MI mission

Hey there!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Before you dive in, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Mikayla Bouchard, I just finished my junior year at Michigan State University where I am majoring in Theatre and International Relations. Interesting combination, you say! I know, and I'm the first to admit it. I have a passion for relationships; the ones we see develop in a story onstage or on film and the relationships that drive society and public policy. I jump at the opportunity to combine expression with politics and here is one such opportunity!

I am blessed with the most amazing family and friends in the world. They have supported me in my every endeavor so when my dad, Mike Bouchard, announced his campaign for Governor, I was eager to do my part to help. This election comes at an integral point in both of our lives. I have seen my dad's career as a legislator, police officer and entrepreneur develop to the point where he is uniquely prepared to become our next Governor. At the same time, I near the end of my college education and look to begin a career of my own. Like many of my friends, I fear that the current status of Michigan and her economy will not provide the life and job I am looking for.

For those reasons and many others, I am bringing a new voice and perspective to this campaign. I want to introduce you to my dad and give you a behind the scenes look at our journey on the campaign trail. Along the way, I hope to meet and talk with many of you who also want to see a brighter future for our Great Lake State! Let's put an end to job loss, debt, corruption and moving vans heading out of Michigan. It's time we, as the next generation, make a difference in this next election. I encourage you to get to know the candidates. I'm sure that you will agree that Mike Bouchard is the best choice for Governor!

Mikayla

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Top Ten

Less than 36 hours before the polls open for the Primary election. With that in mind, here are the top ten reasons why I think you should vote Mike Bouchard for Governor.

10. He is seeking this office not for the power or prestige, but to change the direction of the state of Michigan. To restore the economic environment to one that gets government out of the way for businesses to succeed.
9. He is totally pro-life, a gun carrying Second Amendment advocate and stands up for freedom “of” religion not “from” religion. He wants to secure our borders and plans to use the Tenth Amendment to stop an overreaching federal government.
8. He is willing to be a one-term governor. He has said from the beginning his benchmark of success is if families in Michigan can continue to live and work here, not being popular. For him, this is about the “next generation, not the next election.”
7. He is a constitutionalist first and passionately safeguards those principles. No matter the party that is wasting your money or encroaching on your rights, he will not stand for it.
6. He is the ONLY candidate that has the successful legislative experience to train him to guide the legislature on an operational level. It taught him how to get the votes needed to move critical legislation and will be crucial knowledge when governing the process. Fun fact: On average, a legislator would get one bill to sign every year. He averaged TEN for NINE years!
5. He wants to make Michigan a part-time legislature, with part-time pay and no benefits. Adopt the budget by May 15th, everyday after that the legislators and Governor lose a day’s pay.
4. He is the only gubernatorial candidate in Michigan history to come out in support of Right to Work. It may be a controversial issue (in fact, someone threw something threw my car window after the announcement) but it evidences that he is willing to address any issue to make Michigan more business friendly and get her citizens back to work.
3. He has the team to win and, more importantly, the team to govern. He announced early on that Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land would be his running mate; another proven leader that believes in government transparency and making the necessary tough choices.
2. He has had a well-rounded history that makes him uniquely qualified to be our next governor. Besides being in the legislature during the ‘90s, he has owned three small businesses and he has been the Sheriff of Oakland County for 11 years. He administrates a government organization that is a third of the Oakland County budget and employs about 1,200 people. He knows how to separate needs versus wants when obligated to reduce his budget. In fact, he is balanced three years from now due to the three year rolling budget he operates on (and plans to have the state move to a similar system).
1. He is an honest man that will look you straight in the eye and tell you how he feels even if you may not agree. His talk matches his walk. He lives by the principles of honor, integrity, duty, respect, courage and commitment. In this unpredictable and chaotic world, no matter the challenges that may face him, he is a steadfast leader. He served on the streets of New Orleans after Katrina and at Ground Zero after 9/11. If elected Governor, he will do anything he must to protect his state and his people. 


I hope your choice is an easy one on August 3rd...
God Bless