MI mission

Hey there!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Before you dive in, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Mikayla Bouchard, I just finished my junior year at Michigan State University where I am majoring in Theatre and International Relations. Interesting combination, you say! I know, and I'm the first to admit it. I have a passion for relationships; the ones we see develop in a story onstage or on film and the relationships that drive society and public policy. I jump at the opportunity to combine expression with politics and here is one such opportunity!

I am blessed with the most amazing family and friends in the world. They have supported me in my every endeavor so when my dad, Mike Bouchard, announced his campaign for Governor, I was eager to do my part to help. This election comes at an integral point in both of our lives. I have seen my dad's career as a legislator, police officer and entrepreneur develop to the point where he is uniquely prepared to become our next Governor. At the same time, I near the end of my college education and look to begin a career of my own. Like many of my friends, I fear that the current status of Michigan and her economy will not provide the life and job I am looking for.

For those reasons and many others, I am bringing a new voice and perspective to this campaign. I want to introduce you to my dad and give you a behind the scenes look at our journey on the campaign trail. Along the way, I hope to meet and talk with many of you who also want to see a brighter future for our Great Lake State! Let's put an end to job loss, debt, corruption and moving vans heading out of Michigan. It's time we, as the next generation, make a difference in this next election. I encourage you to get to know the candidates. I'm sure that you will agree that Mike Bouchard is the best choice for Governor!

Mikayla

Monday, August 2, 2010

Says a Thousand Words

Election-eve. We have completed 80 stops in 8 days and ended with a rally where it all began, back at my dad's high school, Brother Rice. Here are some pictures from the event that speak volumes on their own. Shot by the acclaimed and talented, Jeff Bouchard.
The lovely Karen Newman singing the National Anthem!
The energy and excitement was overwhelming! 

Greeted by a thunder of applause! Along side running mate
Terri Lynn Land and L. Brooks Patterson.

Good mojo--In the same gym where the championship
banner from his high school basketball team is displayed.
Moving towards another victory.

A full house of Michiganders eager to Fix Lansing
and get Michigan back to work!

With Joe "the Plumber" Wurzelbacher

It is so important that you make it to the polls and vote Mike Bouchard for Governor. Every vote counts. You know him, you trust him. Now honor him with your vote so he can fix Lansing and get Michigan back to work. Our election night festivities will be held at the Somerset Inn, Troy. We hope to have you with us for this exciting evening that will change the course of Michigan's future.  

xoxo